1947 Ford Pick-Up Raffle Ticket: $50.00
Drawing Date December 29th, 2018 2:00pm
Entries close December 28, 10:00 pm.
Humane Society of OC
2517 S. Hwy 53 (Next to Cherry House Furniture)
For additional information or to purchase tickets not online contact:
502-777-9827 • firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds will go towards Humane Society of Oldham County’s New Facility.All Dollars Donated Will Be Matched By a Generous Donor.
1947 Ford Truck Raffle
Entries close December 28, 10:00 pm.
Generously donated by Dan and Decca Elswick
For additional information contact:
502-777-9827 • email@example.com
Humane Society of Oldham County Truck Raffle To Benefit The Humane Society of Oldham County Building Fund.
All Dollars Donated Will Be Matched By a Generous Donor.
Official Rules & Regulations
1. By participating, you agree that: These Official Rules & Regulations govern the conduct of the raffle and, together with the decisions of the Humane Society of Oldham County (Hereinafter “HSOC”) are binding on everyone who purchases a raffle ticket and/or who is named on a raffle ticket. The HSOC 1947 Truck Raffle is a fundraising activity in support of the HSOC conducted by HSOC. These Official Contest Rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented unless such waiver, modification or supplementation is made in writing by HSOC.
2. GRAND PRIZE DRAWING: The price per ticket is $50.00. A maximum of 2,500 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 1,000 tickets will be sold. Ticket sales will cease when all tickets are sold, or the December 28, 2018, 10:00 pm deadline is reached, or unless otherwise advised if the minimum number are not sold (also see section 9, last page). Any requests and payments received following the cut off times or after the sale of 2,500 tickets will be returned to the sender. The ratio of the prize to tickets is approximately 1 to 2,500 if all tickets are sold. The Grand Prize drawing for the HSOC 1947 Truck Raffle will be held on December 29, 2018, 2:00 PM, at the HSOC facility, 2417 South Hwy 53, LaGrange, KY 40031, except this date and all other dates stated in these rules may be extended at the absolute discretion of HSOC. Available tickets may be purchased online or from an HSOC official until approximately 10:00 PM EDT, December 28, 2018 unless otherwise advised. Tickets may sell out before that time. The winning ticket will be drawn at random from a drum containing all eligible raffle tickets. The drawing for the prize is open to the public; however, the winner does not need to be present to win.
3. GRAND PRIZE: HSOC does not undertake to give advice on the legal or tax consequences of the raffle, or its winner. However, it understands that the IRS position is that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. The Prize winner assumes and must pay all fees and charges (including, but not limited to, tags, and license), income taxes, local, state and federal taxes when the truck is transferred to the winner. In addition, all costs of truck ownership, such as (without limitation) insurance, are the Prize winner’s sole responsibility. HSOC assumes no responsibility for a prizewinner’s tax obligations and suggests you consult your tax advisor. Forms W-2G and 941 will be filed with the Internal Revenue service to report the value of the prize won. The winner will also receive a copy of these forms. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating in this raffle, all ticket purchasers and the person named on each raffle ticket accept and agree (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth here, and (2) that their names and or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by the news media and may otherwise be used by HSOC, for publicity purposes and naming of the prize winner to be published in area newspapers or other media including television, radio, web and print. The prize winner will be published on the HSOC’s event website and Face Book. HSOC’s interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final. If a winner does not wish to claim the prize but wishes to donate it to HSOC, the winner shall provide HSOC a written statement within the thirty (30) day period stating that the winner wishes to donate the prize to HSOC. A prize winner shall not donate the prize back to HSOC if to do so would violate KRS 238.540(7). If a raffle winner does not claim the prize or donate it to the organization within thirty (30) days after having been contacted, the organization shall keep the prize for a future raffle. By participating in this raffle, each participant releases HSOC and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, liability for possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold HSOC and each of its respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Raffle ticket purchasers and the person named on a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years of age at the time of purchase. Offer void where prohibited by law. The 1947 Ford Truck will be transferred to the winner in “AS IS, WHERE IS” condition by HSOC who does not provide any guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in connection with the car. HSOC accepts no liability or responsibility regarding the condition of the truck. No warranties, expressed or implied, are made or offered by HSOC. Please be advised that HSOC members, volunteers, and employees are eligible to purchase tickets and have the same odds of winning. Remember this is a charity and our goal is to raise money for animals.
5. TRUCK VALUE: The estimated value of the 1947 Ford Truck as shown on the tickets is $18,500.
6. REFUNDS: All raffle ticket sales are final. No refunds will be made except any ticket request with verified payment received after 2,500 tickets have been sold or after the deadlines set forth herein above will be returned. No other refunds are available. HSOC assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or non-delivered mail or fax messages, or any other failure to receive orders or deliver receipts prior to the drawing deadlines. A raffle participant’s sole and exclusive remedy for HSOC breach shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s). In no event shall HSOC or its respective directors, officers, employees, members, committee members, agents, contractors, advisors, or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits, or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity.
7. TICKETS: Tickets are $50.00 each and may be purchased solely from HSOC or its agents. You may buy as many tickets as you wish, subject to availability, until all 2,500 are sold. Each raffle ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each raffle ticket is a separate and equal chance to win a 1947 Ford Truck Pickup at an estimated value of $18,500.
8. GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Winner notification will be made by telephone, certified mail and posted on the HSOC web page. The winner will need to provide proper identification to the satisfaction of HSOC. A representative of HSOC will assist in coordinating all the details with the winner regarding the delivery, tags, and registration of the 1947 Ford Truck Pickup, valued at an estimated $18,500. Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by HSOC and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further compensation.
9. IN EVENT OF NON-SELLOUT OF TICKETS: A maximum of 2,500 tickets will be sold. A minimum of 1,000 tickets must be sold for the Prize winner to receive the truck. If fewer than 1,000 raffle tickets are sold, HSOC reserves the right to extend the drawing date, cancel the raffle contest at any time in which event liability is limited to the refund of the ticket price to all participants, or draw with less than the minimum.
10. REGISTRATION WITH THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: This raffle is conducted for the benefit of HSOC and licensed by the Office of Charitable Gaming, License number ORG0002564.